HPG: 7 Turkish soldiers killed in guerrilla actions

At least 7 soldiers of the Turkish army were killed as result of a guerrilla action in the countryside of Kağızman district of Kars.

HPG (People’s Defense Forces) Press Centre released a statement providing information about the most recent actions carried out by guerrillas against the occupant Turkish army in Kurdistan.

The statement is as follows;

“Within the scope of the Martyr Pîroz and Martyr Agirî Revolutionary Campaign, on August 16, at 07.00, our forces carried out an action against the invading Turkish army positioned on the Tepê Deriyê Pan territory in the Govendê area of Hakkari’s Şemzînan (Şemdinli) district.

The number of dead and wounded soldiers in this action where the enemy positions and shelters on the hill were effectively hit could not be determined.

On August 13, the invading Turkish army launched an operation in the Kızıl Kilise area in the Kağızman district of Kars. From the morning hours of August 14 to the afternoon hours, the invading forces bombed the Hisli Mağara area with warplanes and Cobra helicopters in intervals. Following the bombardments, within the scope of the Revolutionary Victory Campaign launched in Serhat province, our forces carried out an action against two units of the operation while attempting to enter the Kevirê Qul area from the ground on the same day.

Seven enemy soldiers were identified killed inside these enemy units hit effectively on two arms in close range, and many soldiers were wounded. Our comrade Şervan has reached martyrdom after heroically fighting against enemy forces. The operation units, having received heavy blows, were forced to withdraw from the area. Following the action, the invading Turkish army carried away dead and wounded soldiers from the area with the support of multiple Cobra helicopters. The invading Turkish army, which bombed the Kızıl Kilise area with howitzer and mortar shells on August 15, was forced to completely withdraw from the area in the evening hours.

On August 13, the invading Turkish army launched an operation in the Bagok area of Mardin with the support of unmanned aerial vehicles and disguised units. This operation was withdrawn from the area without any results on August 16.

On August 6, a unit of ours out on duty in the Deştê area of Dersim’s Nazimiye district encountered with enemy forces and entered a conflict. Many enemy soldiers were killed in the heavy conflicts which took place. One of our comrades has reached martyrdom after fighting against the enemy forces heroically. The ID information of our martyr comrade will be shared with the public once it is obtained.”