Şenyaşar family: Our resistance will not end until justice is served

The resistance of the Şenyaşar family has entered 220th day. The family said that they would not abandon the resistance until justice is served.

The Justice Vigil that was launched on March 9 in front of the courthouse in Urfa by Emine Şenyaşar, who lost her husband and two sons in an armed attack in Suruç district of Urfa on 14 June 2018 that involved the bodyguard and relatives of AKP Deputy İbrahim Halil Yıldız, and her son Ferit Şenyaşar who was injured in the same attack marks its 220th day. The mother and her son came to the area called "Şenyaşar Family Justice Corner" in the morning and replaced a new banner by the old ones that were seized on the 200th day of the vigil and were not given back since they were allegedly examined by a prosecutor for 20 days.

Ferit Şenyaşar said the following during the vigil:

“Our search for justice in front of the Urfa Courthouse is continuing under persecution. On the 200th day of the vigil, our banner was seized by the police. Our banner 'submitted to the prosecutor's office' has been examined for 20 days. Since our banners were not given back to us, we prepared new ones. We have justified demands written on the banners. A massacre was perpetrated in a state hospital. If we are indeed in a state of law, we want the necessary action to be taken. We just want justice. Police and judiciary members are dealing with our banners instead of meeting our demands. They are doing their best to keep us away from this courthouse. We will not leave here until justice is served.”


Şenyaşar recalled that his brother Fadıl Şenyaşar has been kept in a solitary cell in Elazığ E Type Prison for more than 3 years. “If my brother had been tried impartially, he would have been with us now. There is a confidentiality order on the file, my brother is held in prison innocently. We will not back down from these two demands. We will not leave the courthouse until our demands are met.”

“Our struggle for justice in Şanlıurfa Courthouse is continuing on the 220th day. We will bring justice through resistance and solidarity,” the family said on their social media account.