Germany hides Turkish intelligence MİT's assassination list
Germany has not made the list given by the Turkish intelligence MİT to the Interior Ministry undersecretary Emily Haber public although two months have passed. The list includes over 100 names, among whom are Kurds and Turkish leftists living in Germany.
Turkish Intelligence Service MİT Undersecretary Hakan Fidan gave a list to the Federal Intelligence Service (BND) Chief Bruno Kahl in February and said they demand cooperation on the names included therein. The first list was members of the Gülen movement. Shortly after, the list was exposed and the pro-Gülen people in the list were warned by the German security units.
In the first week of March, German Interior Ministry Undersecretary Emily Haber visited Ankara and met with Turkish government officials. Haber was also in German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s committee who visited Turkey in early February, and the second visit had drawn attention.
German weekly newspaper Die Zeit wrote on their April 6 issue that Undersecretary Haber was given a second MİT list. The paper cited German security sources for the information and stated that Haber gave this list of people under MİT surveillance in Germany to the Federal Criminal Bureau (BKA) and the internal intelligence institution Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution.
THE GOVERNMENT: SECOND LIST INCLUDES THE KURDS
According to ANF’s reliable sources close to the federal parliament, the second MİT list given to Undersecretary Haber was put on the agenda of the Interior Affairs Commission in the Federal Parliament on April 26, 2017. The commission member deputies insistently asked who was in the list, and government officials stated that it was Kurds living in Germany.
The list includes over 100 names and shows that the Turkish intelligence agency MİT has Kurdish activists and politicians who live in Germany under regular surveillance. There are also some names in the list that are under MİT surveillance on allegations of being DHKP-C and TKPM-L members or sympathizers.
The federal government tried to hide the details of the list from the commission members. The government is reported to have taken this approach because the list isn’t of Gülenists but Kurdish activists. In addition, it is significant that the German security units have not shared this list with the public or warned the people included in it, even though it has been a long two months since they received it.
GERMANY WARNED GULENISTS
But unlike this list, the previous list given to BND Chief Bruno Kahl by MİT Undersecretary Hakan Fidan during the Munich conference in February was immediately exposed.
The folder titled “The FETÖ/PDY (Parallel State Organization) in the Federal Republic of Germany” was given to the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution after a while. That list included over 300 names that the MİT demanded “cooperation” for.
These people reportedly close to the Gülen movement were called one by one by the German police and told their lives were in danger, and advised to never go to Turkey or any Turkish consulates.
MİT LISTS ARE PREPARED BY A WIDE NETWORK OF INTELLIGENCE
Like the first list given to the BND, the second list Interior Affairs Undersecretary Emily Haber was given is stated to have been prepared by MİT members using not public sources, but a wide network of intelligence and “close surveillance”.
The list includes home addresses, home and mobile phone numbers, and detailed information on the daily lives of people.
In last November, an assassination plot in Germany by the MİT against Kongra-Gel Co-chair Remzi Kartal and European Kurdish Democratic Societies Congress (KCD-E) Co-chair Yüksel Koç had come to light. In conjunction with this plot, MİT agent Mehmet Fatih Sayan had been detained by the German police in Hamburg on December 15, 2016.