General Women's Council of Syrian Future Party holds forum in Raqqa
The General Women's Council of Syrian Future Party held a dialogue forum in Raqqa under the slogan "Working together to strengthen feminist democracy in Syria".
More than 70 delegates from various women's organizations and activists from Syria, including the camps, attended the General Women's Council of Syrian Future Party’s forum for dialogue. The forum took place in Raqqa under the slogan "Working together to strengthen feminist democracy in Syria"
The forum was about highlighting the suffering of women in Syria and the occupied territories.
The forum included these topics:
-Reality and suffering of women in Idlib.
-Women actively working for democratic change have been targeted.
-The flight at home and abroad and its affect on security and stability of the region.
-Women's political and military perspectives on resolving the crisis.
The final statement reads:
1. To resolve the Syrian crises, all occupied territories must be liberated & Turkey & its mercenaries must be expelled
2. Forcibly displaced women must be returned to their country with international guarantees
3. The Turkish state must be held accountable for violations committed by its groups and prosecuted in international courts, including in the case of Hevrin Khalaf
4. Including women in the political process and in decision-making
5. Demand the release of all women prisoners and disclosure of their fate
6. Establishment of legal committees by the UN and opening of opportunities for the media in Syria and occupied areas to monitor and document violations
7. Empowering of feminist and social struggle for democracy
8. Halt military operations across Syria, protect women and children, ensure security and stability