Investigation against Ferit Şenyaşar whose family members were murdered
An investigation has been launched against Ferit Şenyaşar whose father and two brothers were murdered in an armed attack that involved the ruling AKP members.
The resistance of Emine Şenyaşar, who lost her husband and two sons in an armed attack by the bodyguards and relatives of AKP Deputy İbrahim Halil Yıldız on June 14, 2018 in the Suruç district of Urfa province, and her son Ferit Şenyaşar who was injured in the same attack, is continuing on its 212th day. It is reported that an investigation has been launched against Ferit Şenyaşar for "insulting the President" following a statement he had previously made.
Şenyaşar stated that his mother had no strength left to participate in the justice vigil. Şenyaşar asked the authorities to shed light on the massacre in the Suruç State Hospital. He said that the police officials and prosecutors criminalized his statements in front of the courthouse by "twisting" them. “They want to remove us from this courthouse. Today, we were summoned by the police to give a statement again. This time the reason was 'insulting the President',” he said.
'WE ARE HERE UNTIL JUSTICE IS SERVED'
Ferit Şenyaşar said that he spoke in an interview about the involvement of the AKP deputies in the massacre and the police summoned him to give a statement over his remarks "They are afraid of the Palace". He added that he was accused of "insulting the President" for his remarks.
“My remarks ‘the ruling party deputies are afraid of the Palace’ are considered an insult. Public opinion can decide whether there is an insult or not. Their goal is to remove us from here in front of the courthouse. Yet, we are determined. We will not leave the courthouse until justice is served and we will stay here. They should either kill us or provide justice.”