Hunger strike in Tekirdağ Prison
PKK, PAJK and MLKP prisoners in Tekirdağ Type F Prison No.2 have launched an alternate hunger strike.
PKK, PAJK and MLKP prisoners in Tekirdağ Type F Prison No.2 lauched an alternate hunger strike to protest the prison administration’s practices.
The prisoners sent a letter through their families and listed their demands:
“- Our letters are confiscated.
- The administration is engaging in provocative approaches.
- Social activities as a whole have been banned.
- Rights to the library, sports facilities, common areas and conversation time have been rescinded.
- The administration is not accepting room changes for a year.
- Sick prisoners don’t receive treatment and aren’t taken to the hospital.
- Boxes sent to prisoners are not delivered.
- Prisoners are not given any clothes.
- The administration doesn’t answer any petitions.
- Pressed charges are not relayed to the prosecutor’s office or the Ministry of Justice.
- Guards in groups of 40 attack the wards with 4-5 prisoners inside, with the excuse of searches.”