HDP presents AKP with document on its demands for coalition talks
HDP met with the AKP committee as part of the coalition talks, and presented it with a document on the themes of Democracy, Justice and Peace.
HDP (Peoples' Democratic Party) met with an AKP (Justice and Development Party) committee as part of the coalition talks, and presented it with a document on the themes of Democracy, Justice and Peace. The document included the demands for the restriction of presidential authority, the repeal of Homeland Security and Anti-Terror laws, prosecution of Roboskî, Gezi and Kobanê massacres’ perpetrators, realization of a consolidated and mutual ceasefire and the initiation of the negotiation process.
HDP presented the AKP committee led by AKP President Ahmet Davutoğlu with its document entitled "Social expectations from and HDP principles on the 25th Turkish Parliament." Below is the full-text of the HDP document composed of sections on Democracy, Justice, and Peace:
· Drafting of a civilian, gender egalitarian, democratic, ecologic and social constitution with a women’s liberation perspective, and the restriction of presidential powers
· Repeal of Homeland Security and Anti-Terror laws
· Democratization of the Law on Political Parties and removal of the election threshold
· Legal reform based on judiciary independence and neutrality
· Security of the rights to protest, express opinions, form unions and the freedom of the press
· End of the subcontracting system, increase in minimum and retirement wages, decrease in the retirement age, security of work and access to jobs, and the appointment of unassigned teachers.
· Suspension of nuclear, hydroelectric (HES) and fossil fuel plant projects due to the natural catastrophes they engender.
· Serious investigation of corruption and bribery charges
· Serious investigation of the flow of illegal arms into Syria
· Identification, prosecution and punishment of the perpetrators of Roboskî massacre
· Identification, prosecution and punishment of the perpetrators of Gezi and Kobanê massacres
· Implementation of immediate and realistic measures for the prevention of femicides and all types of violence against women, inclusion of hate crimes in the heavy penal code, and the establishment of a Ministry of Women.
· Prosecution and punishment of the perpetrators of Soma and Ermenek worker massacres
· Continuation of the negotiation process in an open and transparent way under the supervision of the parliament and the observers’ committee
· Securing of the free and equal conditions of negotiation process partners
· Realization of a consolidated and mutual ceasefire and the release of sick prisoners
· Establishment of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission inside the Parliament
· Prevention of all sorts of aid that goes through Turkey and reaches groups like ISIS in primarily Syria and Iraq, implementation of effective measures against such groups
· Equal interrelation with all peoples and religious groups in Syria, and active support for Syria’s internal peace and democratization."