HDP letter to international organizations on academics and teachers
HDP sent a letter to international organizations regarding the academics and teachers that have recently been dismissed, and called for solidarity.
HDP Co-Presidents Figen Yüksekdağ and Selahattin Demirtaş sent a letter to the representatives of international organizations regarding the academics and teachers that have recently been dismissed.
In their letter, the co-presidents stated that the AKP government used the struggle against the coup as an excuse for targeting Kurds and opposition groups, and outlined detailed information on the situation of the Eğitim-Sen member teachers and the academics that have recently been dismissed.
HDP Press Office announced that the co-presidents called upon international organizations to take action against the authoritarian policies that target activist, institutions and human rights organizations of activist in the field of education and show solidarity with them.
Below are the representatives of international organizations to whom the letter was sent:
- UN Human Rights Commissioner Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussain
- European Council Human Rights Commissioner Nil Muiznieks
- European Council General Secretary Thorbjorn Jagland
- Commissioner for European Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn
- High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini
- European Parliament President Martin Schulz
- Rapporteur for Turkey at the European Parliament Kati Piri