98 villages and hamlets liberated in the Operation Wrath of Euphrates
Wrath of Euphrates Operation Room stated that an area of 700 square kilometers has been liberated, 98 villages and hamlets cleansed of ISIS and 124 ISIS members killed in the third phase.
Wrath of Euphrates Operation Room has announced the balance sheet of the third phase in their military campaign to liberate Raqqa from ISIS occupation.
The press briefing in Raqqa countryside was attended by SDF (Syrian Democratic Forces) Spokesperson Colonel Telal Silo, Wrath of Euphrates Spokesperson Jihan Sheikh Ahmad, Self-Defense Forces General Commander Siyabend Welat and SDF commanders.
The press statement read amid local and international press presence included the following:
“As the 3rd phase of the Wrath of Euphrates campaign advances, more progress is made and even a more overwhelming success is achieved. The campaign is realizing its main goal in breaking ISIS defensive frontlines in the northeastern front in al-Raqqa, the ISIS major stronghold.
After fierce battles they were bravely engaged in, our forces managed to defeat huge crowds of the terrorist organization supported by the global coalition forces on the ground and effective aerial help. Our forces have forced ISIS mercenaries to retreat 40 km within 9 days of the beginning of the battle, almost reaching outskirts of al-Raqqa city.
Our forces have achieved during this phase of the al-Raqqa liberation and its countryside the following:
- A space of 700 km2 was liberated in the northeastern countryside of the city of al-Raqqa.
- 98 villages and hamlets were liberated and their populations were secured and provided help and safely returned home.
- 124 terrorists were killed and a big number was wounded, 9 mercenaries were also arrested.
- Field canons and military machineries loaded with heavy arms, 63 tunnels, dozens of fortified positions, a factory of bomb-laden vehicles, 3 bombed-vehicles were destroyed; 1,256 mines were dismantled and 3 drones controlled by ISIS were downed, also a big amount of weapons, machineries and military equipment were taken by our forces.
- 13 SDF and Self-Defense Duty fighters were martyred.
- 750 fighters from the city of al-Raqqa have joined in this phase the training camps in preparation for taking part in the ongoing military campaign to liberate their governate.
As the 3rd phase is about to reach its goal in liberating the whole eastern countryside of al-Raqqa and isolating the center of the city in preparation for liberating it, qe as the General Command of Wrath of Euphrates appeal to our people in the city to keep away from ISIS military positions and administrative headquarters, and to support our forces as they reach their regions. We also call youth to join the SDF ranks and wish glory and immortality to our martyrs and quick recovery to the wounded."